Good day! So, you decided to read the story!
Ok, if you please..
(Don't ask me if it's fiction, it isn't!)
The pair in the story is an awesome one, you know! (Yeah, trust me!)..Why not, if it happens to be me and my better half ;)(call him KK)! The Ipod Nano is ours (technically what I own, though my husband sponsored it..:p).
This Ipod Nano has been my secret desire for (if not ages), definitely couple of months.
Me, I was obsessed with the idea of owning an Ipod but was never willing to talk about it, even when tempted into buying it. I have this very strange tendency to say no to things I like. If someone asked me straight on my face, if I wanted something, I would say a no; outright. This is true even if it's a thing that I really loved. After having said a no, I would rue over it and long for it, like a dumb idiot. And that, is a terrible weakness!
Both KK and I, are Forum addicts (the much talked about mall in Bangalore), that we religiously spend every saturday/sunday evening there. For the first five of our last seven visits there, he would take me to the Apple Ipod store inside Forum, and we would gaze dreamily (me, longingly!) at all those cute Ipods sitting there. While I was caught struggling with my unusual emotion, KK was stuck with a different problem. He also (desperately?) wanted to pick up a nano, but his wife (whom he knew wanted to buy one, but unfortunately) was actually convincing him not to buy it, citing a huge list of unwanted reasons - big money, savings, investments, blah, blah..I am sure, he thought "Oh come on, it's just this time! Why all this Ramayana??"
From the third time on, that we walked into the Apple store, I was getting this uneasy, silly feeling that the demo person out there, would recognise us, as the "Couple Craving for a Cute, Compact, Charismatic, Cho Chweet Thing" (or abbreviate that to C7T)". The day we were supposed to make the sixth visit to Forum, we oscillated between buying and not buying an Ipod, hmm...let me put a number to that, 13 times, thanks to me. I think KK convinced me 6 times, and I said No, all the 6 times (remember my weakness?) and finally the 7th time, he saw me sitting glum and before he could ask me what was wrong, I yelled out, "I want an Ipod da!!!" And he, he just sighed!
When we walked into the store the sixth time, we had seen the demo five times already in the white and black models and I was severely warning KK that I would hide my face, in case the folks there recognised who I was. I had shocking (of course useless) premonitions that they would pull us up by the collar and threaten us into buying a piece once and for all!
The sixth time, was a decisive one! Finally, finally, yes, we bought the dream thingy out!
Awww...so much for an Ipod, you think? Don't you? Yes, yes, I know. But, sometimes it's fun to put up crazy posts like these that are not hard on your brain cells! The serious stuff is always there!
For a round up, why not take a peek at the top ten songs in my latest playlist? It's a mad mix!
1) Maru Murai Aval Vizhi (Run)
- Short, quick rap with a beautiful instrumental ending of "Panikaatre"..
2) Enna Idhu (Nala Damayanti)
- Soft, soothing, haunting melody..
3) Oru Maalai (Gajini)
- A treat on an Ipod, Karthik rocks!
4) Thottu Thottu (Kaadhal)
- Can you give a superlative to brilliant? I love the lines, "Karu Vizhi rendum karuvarai thaano, meendum pirandhen"!
5) Vellai Pookal (Kannathil Muthamittal)
- My eyes grow misty everytime, and that's rare! ARR, I bow to thee!
6) Signore (Kannathil Muthamittal)
- Singalathu Melody! Very cute!
7) Kannathil Muthamittal (Kannathil Muthamittal)
- Jayachandran's voice is soul stirring!
8) It's the time to disco (Kal Ho Na Ho)
- I love that beat, and the laziness in the words, "Hey, we are dancing the night away!"
9) Dekho Naa (Swades)
- The strings, Alka, Udit, ARR, simplicity - extraordinary combo!
10) Suraj Hua Madham (K3G)
- The violins steal the show!